Hi guys!!
I come back from a funny week馃懐 because last week were the university games馃憡 (I think we lost it, but I love the activities like this).
This week is for university staff, so I'm going to talk about the english language challenge. In my opinion, we need to learn this language because is the global language, if you want to visit everywhere, you can communicate with any person through the english (altough your english isn't perfect, people can understand what you say馃憣).
I like english but is really difficult for me, because I'm a woman but I can't to do two things at the same time (think and talk in english!!! too much for me馃様). In spite of that, I'm agree about that we having English incorporated into our academic curriculum, because I think we need an english course in all careers. If you want to travel or you want an exchange or work with the experience of other countries, you need the english!!! Also, you should consider that Chile has more and more inmigrants, so in every place that you work, will you ever have to communicate with someone that speak in other languaje (so, english will be your best option to communicate).
The last pharagraph, has relation with my field work, the public policies!! because I as Public Administrator, will have to design public policies for all people who live in Chile (this includes inmigrant people!) so, I need the english as a tool to understand their requests. Also, when you work with public policies, you need examples from other countries, intelectual resourses and opinions by experts, and for these maybe you may have to travel to other countries in where people speak in english (desafortunatly in all developed countries people speak in english馃槩)
So, altough this languaje seems difficult for you, you should practice it if you want to travel, to communicate with people from other cultures or to look intelectual and "bac谩n"!!
Good look in this task! see you next week馃拫
I come back from a funny week馃懐 because last week were the university games馃憡 (I think we lost it, but I love the activities like this).
This week is for university staff, so I'm going to talk about the english language challenge. In my opinion, we need to learn this language because is the global language, if you want to visit everywhere, you can communicate with any person through the english (altough your english isn't perfect, people can understand what you say馃憣).
I like english but is really difficult for me, because I'm a woman but I can't to do two things at the same time (think and talk in english!!! too much for me馃様). In spite of that, I'm agree about that we having English incorporated into our academic curriculum, because I think we need an english course in all careers. If you want to travel or you want an exchange or work with the experience of other countries, you need the english!!! Also, you should consider that Chile has more and more inmigrants, so in every place that you work, will you ever have to communicate with someone that speak in other languaje (so, english will be your best option to communicate).
The last pharagraph, has relation with my field work, the public policies!! because I as Public Administrator, will have to design public policies for all people who live in Chile (this includes inmigrant people!) so, I need the english as a tool to understand their requests. Also, when you work with public policies, you need examples from other countries, intelectual resourses and opinions by experts, and for these maybe you may have to travel to other countries in where people speak in english (desafortunatly in all developed countries people speak in english馃槩)
So, altough this languaje seems difficult for you, you should practice it if you want to travel, to communicate with people from other cultures or to look intelectual and "bac谩n"!!
Good look in this task! see you next week馃拫

Hi, Mar铆a Jos茅!
ResponderEliminarWow, I've read your post and I like it I consider you write about interesting thing of your life and also you are so funny to write here haha. I also think that the english language is the global language because 3/4 part of the word speak it. It's so much people!!
And in the public issues is so important because the migration is a main theme now. I like your post!
Regards!